Do you have an innovative idea that could revolutionize oral healthcare and/or the dental industry?
Apply today to win a chance to compete at the Dr. Edward B. Shils Entrepreneurial Fund, Inc., Dentsply Sirona and Hispanic Dental Association (HDA)’s, first ever start-up funding competition. This exciting new program will feature two powerful social entrepreneur keynote speakers followed by a competition featuring oral healthcare innovators vying to win funds for their start-up projects. If chosen to compete, you will have 5-7 minutes to “pitch” your project to a panel of demanding industry judges. Only three projects will be chosen. A minimal travel stipend will be given to each competing participant, or team who live outside of New York City.
The event will take place on Sunday, November 25, 2018 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM in Room 2 South Concourse of the Javits Convention Center as part of the HDA Annual Conference during the Greater New York Dental Meeting in New York City. The panel of judges will include Corporate entrepreneurs.
Contest Rules for Applicants / DEADLINE: November 12, 2018
- Must be currently enrolled and in good standing with an accredited U.S. or Canada university or college
- Must be able to travel to New York City for the event.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, significant interest in social responsibility in the dental industry, and articulate goals.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be an innovative thinker.
- Must have a viable project.
- Must be able to justify how your project will improve:
- the treatment of patients related to oral healthcare
- dental products or services
- or within the oral healthcare education setting
- a dental industry related humanitarian program
In no more than 1,500 words create a document that includes your full name and contact details and a synopsis of your project. The project must target and or be designed to resolve a patient treatment challenge, a product or service challenge, a dental education challenge, OR is focused on a dental industry related humanitarian program. PowerPoint/video may be included. You must also include how your project is currently used or how it can be used moving into the future, and how it is different from what is available at this time.
Competition Application – Don’t miss out on this ground breaking opportunity.
The above signature verifies acceptance of judges’ decision. Please remember to attach your
project synopsis and any corresponding video/PowerPoint.
Application Deadline November 12, 2018
By submitting an application or accepting any prize, the applicant represents and warrants that the project, including any videos, photographs, essays, etc., is the original creation of the applicant, has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, does not violate or infringe any copyright or trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity, is the sole property of the applicant and has not been previously published.