The Colgate/ Hispanic Dental Association Faculty Recognition Awards recognizes faculty who are members of the Hispanic Dental Association and who have made a contribution toward enhancing the overall quality of oral health for the Hispanic population by extending themselves beyond the scope of their position. Three individual awards are available, and recipients are selected by a review panel comprised of members from Colgate and the Hispanic Dental Association.
Award Recipients will receive the following:
- Recognition and award plaque at the 2018 HDA Annual Meeting – Opening Ceremonies on Saturday, November 24, 2018.
- A cash award of $750.00.
- Travel funds in the amount of $200.00 to attend the ceremony in NYC.
- A complimentary HDA professional membership for the 2019 member year.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- Must be a current HDA member.
- Must be a faculty member at an accredited U.S. Dental School (including Puerto Rico).
- Must demonstrate exemplary values, dedication, and a willingness to assist beyond the requirements of their position, including, but not limited to the following:
- Effective teaching methods/exemplary teaching reviews
- Personal interaction and mentoring of students
- Support others in their quest for knowledge and advancement of research/clinical experiences that will expose them to current techniques and interventions directed at improving the health of the Hispanic population.
- Ongoing current research
- Publications/Development of Innovative Materials
- Promotion of research for students and colleagues
- Presentation at scientific / professional meetings
- SERVICE / ADMINISTRATION
- Advocate for students, influence school policies
- Serve on academic / professional committees
- Participate in and/or sponsor activities of the local (if existing) HDA student chapter
- Community activities / service
- Complete the Nomination Form below.
- Submit a Letter of Nomination (self-nominations are acceptable) to the HDADirector@hdassoc.org. Letter of Nomination MUST address above award criteria.
- Submit CV (curriculum vitae) of faculty member being nominated.
- Email (no snail mail please) completed form, Letter of Nomination, and CV to Jen Blake, HDA Managing Director at HDADirector@hdassoc.org and return no later than DEADLINE: Thursday, November 8, 2018.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 8, 2018
Nomination is not complete until a CV and Letter of Nomination is received along with this nomination form.
Hispanic Dental Association
As the leading voice for Hispanic Oral Health we provide Service, Education, Advocacy and Leadership for promotion of Overall health of the Hispanic and other under-served communities.